resolution anyone?

so it's 2009 already.

who's up for another set of constant struggle, failure, success, love and life?
yeah i guess everybody is (as if we have another choice).
But before you start your engines and travel the road of 2009, have you ever packed-up your 2008?
well me, i guess. yeah. sort of. i'm not really dwelling with my past but instead i pack up the lessons of 2008 to feed me as i travel toward the end of 2009.

pero wait....
anong balak naten sa 2009?

resolutions. resolutions. every year i had a list of it [a long list] but then wth! it's good as one day promise to myself. haha. that's why i quit making resolutions 4 yrs ago. New year's resolution as defined by wikipedia as a reforming of a habit. Well that's good enough. We subject ourselves to a change, a change for a better being. But a new year's resolution is a commitment that takes effect on new year. We constantly say to ourselves, " ngayong year di na ako ganito, di ko na gagawin yun, magiging ganito na ako, pagbubutihan ko ang ganyan, ganun. blah blah." . You cannot say " dahil new year na di nako magiging ganun." that's bullsh*t change does not happen with just a mouthful of words. CHANGE IS A GRADUAL PROCESS. it needs acceptance, time and you have to cherish it. In my case i cannot dictate myself that today i have to start my new year resolution. no! i am just pretending to myself that i did it, but in fact i kept on repeating the mistakes i have done before. Ok maybe in some cases you can keep your resolutions for a week or so but eventually you'll get tired of it. i mean wake up! do not set a change now but instead set a goal that eventually changes you within the process of reaching your goal. What i mean with the goal is that it has to be reachable it must benefit you or others. let me state an example. a girl says, " mag-aaral na ako ng mabuti starting ngayon ". predict what will happen next............

the girl grew tired of it because she kept on studying without any to look forward to. But then if you say that, " dapat 95 makuha ko ngayong sem " atleast you have something to strive for, something to reach. It can also be " dapat makabili ako ng laptop " instead of saying " magtitipid na ako ngayon ". Get it guys? i am not telling that you trash those new year resolution of yours but give more clarity with your vague so-called resolutions. be more REALISTIC. well that's the bottom line.

wahaha... i know my post is quite random but i just wanted to vent out my thoughts for today. those are just my opinions, no hard feelings everyone. [i wonder who that everyone is]. :P

visit my BLOG for my other posts :D


0 comments: